Having trouble finding the help you need?Assistance may be available from one or more organizations. Take the first step in getting back on track, call 2-1-1.
2-1-1 is Free.Your free call will be answered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. If you’re looking for information on utility assistance, behavioral health services, housing and shelter, child care or other needs, call 2-1-1.
2-1-1 is Confidential.All calls are confidential. There is no need to identify yourself and any information you provide will remain private.
Get Connected.2-1-1 gives information about organizations and programs that may help you, but 2-1-1 does not provide direct assistance. Rather, calls during business hours will be connected to the local Information and Referral Center where friendly, trained staff will assess your needs. During other hours, call center operators will search a database of available services.
Help is at Your Fingertips!You can also visit www.wv211.org online and Phone apps are also available at your Android or IPhone app stores. Just search for WV211. Calls are answered by staff with a database of community services at their fingertips:
- Basic needs such as Food, Shelter, Clothing, Rent or Utility Assistance
- Physical and Mental Health Resources such as Support Groups, Drug or Alcohol Intervention and Rehabilitation
- Employment Services such as Job Training, Education Programs and more
- Support for Older Americans and Persons with Disabilities such as Meals on Wheels, Homemaker Services, Adaptive Aids, etc.
- Support for Children and Families such as After School Programs, Mentoring and Tutoring, Child Protective Services
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Many Other Services
2-1-1 is for NON-EMERGENCY assistance only.
Callers needing emergency medical, fire or police assistance should call 9-1-1.
Information and Referral for Raleigh, Fayette, Nicholas, Mercer, Summers, McDowell & Wyoming Counties is provided by
Information and Referral 681.207.7248 www.unitedwayswv.org